NOTIFICATION OF COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT
As a venue for artists, Art Tap X respects the intellectual property of others and expects its users to do the same. In accordance with the Copyright Act (R.S.C., 1985, c. C-42), Art Tap X responds expeditiously to claims of infringement.When Art Tap X removes or disables access in response to a notice, Art Tap X makes a reasonable attempt to contact the allegedly infringing party, provide information about the notice and removal, and, in cases of alleged copyright infringement, provide information about counter notification. Art Tap X may also provide a copy of the notice to the allegedly infringing party.
Art Tap X terminates account privileges of members that are subject to repeat notices of intellectual property infringement in appropriate circumstances and at Art Tap X’s discretion. If you are the owner of the exclusive rights in any intellectual property, or are authorized to act on behalf of one or authorized to act under any exclusive right granted to the owner of intellectual property and you wish to send Art Tap X a notification of claimed infringement, complete and submit a Notification of Claimed Infringement and deliver it to Art Tap X as specified below.
Notification of Claimed Infringement (a “Notice”)
- Identify the work that you claim has been infringed, or - if multiple works are covered by this Notice - you may provide a representative list of the works that you claim have been infringed.
- Identify the material you claim is infringing (or to be the subject of infringing activity) that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, including sufficient information for us to locate this material, such as the URL of the link shown on the website where such material may be found.
- Provide your mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
- The following statement: "I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the material is not authorized by the owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use)."
- The following statement: "The information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the material or of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
- Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
Please note that any misrepresentation of material fact (falsities) in a written notification automatically subjects the complaining party to liability for any damages, costs and attorney’s fees incurred by us in connection with the written notification and allegation of copyright infringement.
Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective Date: 6/11/2015